Daiso Australia Haul // Candles, Skincare, Make-up...


Daiso Australia!

Daiso is a Japanese franchise known for selling a diverse range of products from garden-ware and candy; to skin-care. In Japan, In Japan, Daiso is referred to as the '100-Yen shop'. I was stoked to visit Harajuku's Daiso a while ago where prices at the time converted to $1.80 AUD. The brand recently arrived in Australia so I was excited to go to a large one in Central Mall, Sydney. Since then, I've seen it around Macquarie Centre and other places around the City..

Its slogan is "over 200,000 products at $2.80 each" which means that EVERYTHING in the store is sold at a set price. Daiso Australia's theme is purple if you wanna look out for it.

Here are some products I bought, all were $2.80 each.

For starters, there's a range of soft and fuzzy pencil cases, I snapped one up for my cousin.

There are aisles of scented candles. Some, with items like a mini snowman inside.

Left to right: An eyelash curler (this one comes with a spare refill attached).
The convenient lunch-box. There are many types of storage+ boxes available.
 An orange sized candle which smells awesome.
Tteokbokki (Korean for rice-cake) flavoured chips which are sweet/salty-tinged/chilli-tinged. I bought it out of curiosity, it tastes alright :)
If there's anything you should do at Daiso, check out the aisles of candles!

Left to right: A tooth-brush with triple heads.
A dental mirror which unfortunately fogs in your mouth...
A tartar pick.
Lipstick, which is very smooth and unscented - it's frustrating how the colours are misleading.
This orange-scented rubber was from a Japanese exchange student (thanks Maiko!) which I later found sold at Daiso, although you can't smell it packaged, once you open up the packaging, it smells -so good (there's Cola and Mint too).

There is also gorgeous traditional Japanese themed crockery available - this was my favourite. At the store, you may find similar items like patterned chopsticks and bamboo steamers.

Daiso has ranges of storage boxes, this is how I used the storage cube I bought from Japan ($1.80).

Snapped up a soft gel pillow which stays cool. I'm really happy with the price and hope to shove it in my pillow in Summer to cool me down. It also eases burns and pain (apparently). SPOT MY DOG.

 Make-up // Skin-care

I bought mascara and it was so good, I went to get 4 more to send to my relatives.

PS, it's called the 'Volume Up' mascara.

There are about 5 bright colours of 'express eye-shadow sticks' available. I bought it out of curiosity because there were no testers available. I still feel like it was an impulse buy.

A limited range of foundation is available. I bought the lightest shade available (on the right of my hand) which was pretty dark :(


There are a lot of eye-shadows available but I wasn't keen on the packaging so I didn't pick up any. However the blush is pretty good - not good enough to be able to use with a brush,but you can use your finger to apply it.

<-- I just tried on the non-shimmery peach colour which was good.



Charcoal cleansers are popular sellers in Daiso but I didn't buy any. Instead I tried this pore mask cream, I can tell it rids of the oil on my nose but haven't been using it long enough to see results. It's hard to spread the product on evenly; so when it's time to rip off the dried strip, it's also hard.

There are a LOAD of creams available at Daiso! - cherry scented, flower scented, royal jelly lotion, sunscreen, etc. I love the yellow hand cream despite being unscented, it does spreads really well. I'm not sure about the one on the left since I'm sending it to my auntie.


I was excited to try these grapefruit scents! 


When I did, I found that the Body Gel had the consistency of hand sanitiser - 2.5/5
The Body Lotion was highly moisturising and its smell was subtly pleasant, I wasn't expecting too much but I really like the quality - 5/5


Hope you found this helpful to find good products at Daiso or found it somewhat entertaining :) Be sure to follow me for future posts if you wish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cosmetic Deluxe ™. Powered by Blogger.